One of the most difficult parts of any diet is staying consistent and following through to reach your goal. As time goes on we may lose interest or get tired of saying no to Taco Tuesday with friends. Try these helpful tips to stick to a healthy diet and reach your goal!
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water between meals and try to drink one glass of water before a meal to make you feel fuller and prevent overeating. Staying hydrated also helps improve the overall function of our metabolism and digestive systems.
- Anticipate that you’re going to want to eat something not on your diet and have a plan ready when that happens! Check out pinterest for a healthy alternative to your favorite sweet or salty snack. Plantain chips make a great healthy substitute for tortilla or potato chips.
- Meal planning and preparing your meals ahead of time will take the guesswork out of what to eat that fits your goal! Life can get busy and eating a quick meal on the go does not always lead to the healthiest options. Plan ahead and relax knowing dinner is already taken care of and won’t make you detour from your destination!
- In addition to planning ahead, one of our trainers, Brian recommends having lots of options that will keep things interesting and avoid the meal boredom. Chicken and rice for two months can get pretty dull so be sure to try lots of variations of recipes and spices to keep your taste buds on their toes while still meeting your goals!
- Plan small attainable goals along the way and reward yourself after the little wins! It helps if the reward also keeps you on track. Instead of a greasy cheat meal try purchasing a new workout outfit instead.
Overall, the greatest tip is to remember not to crash diet in order to meet a goal. Focus on making a healthy lifestyle transformation that will lead you to become a healthier version of you and keep good habits for a lifetime! Good luck out there and stay positive!