Interested in Kansas City Badminton? It is a highly popular sport so we can see why! Here are some basics you will want to know when playing Kansas City Badminton!
Check out some tips to help improve your game!
- Practice until you are able to hit the shuttle on the center each time.
- Hit the top of the shuttle’s arc for optimum speed and height benefits.
- Return to your position in the middle of the back of the court. Getting back in position will help you be prepared.
- Try to aim for your opponent’s back line. This will make it harder for your opponent to return the shot.
- Stay on your toes and work on your footwork.
- Work on your short serve. This type of hit can throw your opponent off.
Badminton is not only fun, it is also good for your body! Look at some of the benefits of Kansas City badminton:
- Builds arm muscle- You may notice stronger muscles in your arms the more you play.
- Builds leg muscle- Your legs may grow stronger because they do so much work during the game.
- Improves agility- You are constantly moving and these fast, forceful movements help to increase agility.
- Improves coordination and reaction times- You may notice you are more coordinated and have quicker reaction times as you become more seasoned in the sport.
- Helps your heart- You can easily move 3-4 miles in just one singles match! Badminton will help to keep you moving and keep your heart rate up.
The Athletic Club of Overland Park offers open-play badminton various times throughout the week. Call or stop by today to learn more!