Kansas City table tennis continues to gain popularity. The Athletic Club of Overland Park offers Kansas City table tennis various times throughout the week. Learn more about the sport below.
Table tennis tips:
- Determine what spin is on the ball- Based on the way an opponent hits the ball, you will be able to determine what type of spin will be on the ball.
- Hit based on spin type- Once you’ve determined the spin type, let this determine the way you angle your racket.
- Stay in a position of readiness- This will help you be prepared no matter which direction the ball comes from.
- Use your racket only- Rackets are different and can feel differently so using your own will help you to become accustomed to it’s unique feel.
- Practice often- Join a club (table tennis) or just find others to play with to help you practice and expand your skills.
- Prepare your strokes- Practice your strokes over and over until they become automatic reflexes that do not require thought.
Table tennis benefits:
- Increases hand-eye coordination.
- Improves reflexes.
- Helps you to make decisions faster.
- Helps you to be more alert.
The Athletic Club of Overland Park is the place to go for Kansas City Table Tennis! We offer reserved times for table tennis on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. There are 12 tables set up during these reserved times so there is room for everyone! Want to play outside of those times? No problem! Just call and schedule an individual game anytime. Come see what The Athletic Club has to offer!