There are many ways to get yourself motivated, but finding the right way for you is key.
Woody Allen said, “80% of success is showing up”. This is so true – just showing up even if you feel like you have 5 minutes worth of energy can make a big difference!
Sometimes we just have to change our perspective on how to get motivated.
Here are some ways to get yourself motivated:
- Rethink your positive thinking.
- Visualize the benefits of your behavior as a motivational strategy. When deciding to get out of bed in the morning to go for a run. Visualize the sun on your face and how energizing it feels to be outdoors and breathing in fresh air.
- Tell yourself to keep going! You know that saying, “the tough keep going”, well it takes mental strength… create a mantra or a repetition of words to keep yourself motivated even when it is hard!
- Inspirational quotes and music can be a melodic path to getting you into your fitness groove.
- Push yourself to work harder and challenge yourself.
- Cultivate a gym family. Making friends with like-minded people will inspire you and keep you motivated to work out.
- Make it your time! Time to take care of yourself. Don’t miss that appointment to maintain good health. You wouldn’t miss your doctor appointment would you?
- Think about how good you will feel or how you fit you will look. You know what I am talking about, you go and look in the mirror and see that chiseled physique and say to yourself, “hey handsome!” or “hey beautiful, you look good!”
- Take a before and after picture…you may not realize how far you have come.
The most important key is to have a goal It must be attainable and measurable. Write it down and track your success . You must want to reach it and that is how you build motivation.