If you’re looking for Overland Park Basketball, look no further! The Athletic Club in Overland Park has recreational pick-up games 6 days a week! We offer pick-up games on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm, and on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. These are great times to play a game of Overland Park Basketball and practice your skills. If you’re new to the sport of basketball or maybe you just want to work on a certain area, take a look at some tips to improve your skills!
- Learn the basics- It may seem obvious, but really taking the time to learn the ins and outs of the sport can make a big difference in the way you play.
- Warm up- Your body will thank you if you do some stretches and exercises to get your blood flowing and muscles warmed up. This can also help prevent injuries while you play.
- Play with other players- One of the best ways to improve is to play with others that have experience and have already honed some of their skills. This will also help you because players often push each other to play harder.
- Play more frequently- Playing more often can help you to improve your skills and help you gain a sense of greater dedication to the sport.
- Practice dribbling- Getting this skill down can help you in your overall performance as it is an extremely important part of the game!
- Learn new tricks- After you have gotten the basics down, try to learn a few tricks. Doing this can help you gain an edge over the competition.
With 3 full-size basketball courts to offer, The Athletic Club is the place to go for Overland Park Basketball! Come by and see our courts or call to get more information!