Looking for health motivation this New Year? Check out these tips from Overland Park gym, The Athletic Club!
- Think about your motivation- Go beyond just losing weight. Think about why you want to lose weight.
- Set goals- Decide on one or two goals that you would like to accomplish. Make these goals realistic and short term.
- Think ahead- Deciding on a resolution or goal last minute can cause you to make a hurried goal that isn’t well thought out.
- Be accountable- Make yourself accountable by joining a Facebook group, telling your friends and coworkers, or posting on social media.
- Use technology- Take advantage of free apps such as MyFitnessPal or use an activity tracker to help you reach your goals.
- Think long term- Fad diets may help weight come off short term, but they usually aren’t sustainable. Instead, try to make core changes such as learning to read labels, drinking lots of water, adding more veggies and fruits to your diet, exercising, and portion control.
- Keep track of your progress- Seeing your progress in a journal, poster, or other location can help you to stay motivated. Track the progress specific to your goals.
- Be patient- Don’t become discouraged if you slip up or if you don’t lose 20 pounds the first month. Keep moving forward!
Overland Park gym, The Athletic Club is hear to help you reach your health and fitness goals! Take advantage of our extensive facility, healthy meals in our own Courtside Fresh Grill & Bar, 60+ group fitness classes each week, and access to nationally certified personal trainers.