Spacing of snacks and meals is something a lot of people struggle with. Here at the Athletic Club of Overland Park nutrition is something we are ready to help you with as you work towards your weight loss and fitness goals.
We’ve all heard it, it makes sense, now are we doing it? One simple way to boost your weight loss goals and make you have more energy and focus during the day is to eat smaller snacks and meals at spaced out intervals during the day. This spacing helps keep your body and mind functioning at it’s optimum and keep from overeating during the evening meal. Try this for now.
1) Keep breakfast as your most important meal of the day with quality protein, good fats, and whole grains. Instead of drinking Juice, try eating the actual fruit!
2) Plan to eat a small snack about three to four hours later.
3) Lunch about three to four hours later try cutting the meal in half and only eat half (add extra greens).
4) Snack three to four hours later ( good time for some apple and natural peanut butter)!
5) Wow, are you tired of eating yet?
6) Have your dinner three to four hours later. You can have the rest of your left over lunch and add extra veggies (or you could save that other half of your lunch for the next day), and voila! Combine this eating schedule now with your extra water intake! Not that hard is it?
Remember, we’re here to help! At The Athletic Club of Overland Park nutrition and exercise go hand in hand, and our wellness coaches and personal trainers want to help you reach your weight loss and fitness goals! For more information, call The Athletic Club of Overland Park nutrition coaches today!