Athletic Club of Overland Park offers a racquetball league near Lenexa with a variety of options. Registering could not be easier, simply click here.
Racquetball has a rich history going all the way back to 1910 and was created right here in America. It was invented by Joe Sobek in New Britain, Connecticut in an effort to create a fast paced sport that was easy to learn and easy to play.
The racquetball league near Lenexa offers a fun way for members to get involved at the club. Joining the league helps members feel more connected to the club and the community. There are a variety of times, types of teams, and other options that are available to all prospective racquet ball players. The rules of racquetball—which were borrowed from a variety of sports— are easy to learn and fun to play!
Furthermore, racquetball has amazing health benefits. It helps you improve your arms strength, agility, and hand eye coordination. The fast paced rhythm of racquetball also helps you get in a good cardio work out. Racquetball offers a dynamic combination of cardio and strength training—helping you build muscle while also burning calories.
Check out these fun facts about racquetball.
– Racquetball was made an official sport in 1952
– The original name for racquetball was paddle racquets
– The rules of racquetball are based on squash, handball, and paddleball.
– If a ball bounces two times it is pronounced “dead”
– Unlike other racquet sports, racquetball doesn’t require its players to win by two
Don’t wait! Join this racquetball league near Lenexa today!