Reserved open-play table tennis gathers on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The Athletic Club hosts several annual table tennis tournaments. Members may reserve the gymnasium for table tennis play anytime by calling or stopping by the front desk – we are happy to set up the game for you.
If you are interested in table tennis lessons or wish to participate in a table tennis clinic, contact membership, or fill out the form to the right.
Table Tennis open play schedule:
Mondays: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM (Half Court)
Tuesdays & Thurdays: 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM (Full Court)
Saturdays: 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM (Full Court)
Sundays: 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Full Court)
Table Tennis Tips
Check out some tips provided by Newgy and you could be playing table tennis in no time!
– Determine what spin is on the ball; based on the way an opponent hits the ball, you will be able to determine what type of spin will be on the ball.
– Hit based on spin type- Once you’ve determined the spin type, let this determine the way you angle your racket.
– Stay in a position of readiness- This will help you be prepared no matter which direction the ball comes from.
– Prepare your strokes- Practice your strokes over and over until they become automatic reflexes that do not require thought.
– Use your racket only- Rackets are different and can feel differently so using your own will help you to become accustomed to it’s unique feel.
– Practice often- Join a club (table tennis) or just find others to play with to help you practice and expand your skills.