Kansas City Table Tennis is a popular sport! Table Tennis is played with either two or four players who hit a ball back and forth. They do this on a table specific to the sport, separated by a net. A player tries to hit the ball so it lands on his/her opponent’s half of the table. Those are the basics but do you want to get a leg up on the competition? Check out some of the tips below provided by Newgy and you could be playing Kansas City Table Tennis in no time!
- Determine what spin is on the ball- Based on the way an opponent hits the ball, you will be able to determine what type of spin will be on the ball.
- Hit based on spin type- Once you’ve determined the spin type, let this determine the way you angle your racket.
- Stay in a position of readiness- This will help you be prepared no matter which direction the ball comes from.
- Prepare your strokes- Practice your strokes over and over until they become automatic reflexes that do not require thought.
- Use your racket only- Rackets are different and can feel differently so using your own will help you to become accustomed to it’s unique feel.
- Practice often- Join a club (table tennis) or just find others to play with to help you practice and expand your skills.
The Athletic Club of Overland Park is the place to go for Kansas City Table Tennis! We offer reserved times for table tennis on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. There are 12 tables set up during these reserved times so there is room for everyone! Want to play outside of those times? No problem! Just call and schedule an individual game anytime. Come see what The Athletic Club has to offer!